PETMII Smart Pet Feeder is a portable automatic machine that allows you to feed your pet according to programmed time, quantity and amount. The smart pet feeder comes with one button recording function of calling your pet for a maximum of 16 seconds. It’s a product designed for the feeding of pets when their owners are not around.
- A 4.6L capacity food container.
- Automatic 4 servings per day with A B C and D representing breakfast, lunch, dinner and night snack.
- 10 portions at most per serving.
- It serves 40-50g per portion.
- The product adopts the 24 hour system.
- 3 seconds self-test immediately the power button is on.
- Buttons A B and C for setting one meal per time.
- UP and DOWN button for feeding setting adjustment.
- OK button allows for confirmation before the instruction programmed in is carried out.
- MIC for unlimited recording time using the Record button. This allows you to record your voice for 16s.
- Recording is played automatically 3 times when it’s time to feed.
- LCD that allows you to see the buttons clearly at night.
- Easy disassemble of food container for cleaning.
- Complete display of feeding task, time and food portions.
- Comes with manual button for food falling out.
- Changeable battery to complement independent power supply.
- Simple set-up and user-friendly operations.
- Power supply: 5V1A (In order to avoid damaging the main control panel, only the DC power supply provided with the feeder can be used for it.)
- Specification of spare battery: Ordinary 1.5V Size D battery
- Standby electric current: 35mA
- DC Holder: positive inside and negative outside
+ Works like it's supposed to (reliable). I like the fact that you can add batteries for backup, because the settings will reset if the feeder turns off
+ Stylish: it doesn't take up much space width-wise, and the white colour with black features looks really nice.
+ Easy to work with: simply set the time and then the four feeding times. If you don't use all feeding times, just set the portion size to 0.
+ Great price. I've seen so many feeders with similar features that are much more expensive.
Now, we'd probably still purchase this feeder knowing the following, but it might be something to consider:
- The portion sizes are large for a single, indoor cat. One portion size is 40-50 grams, which doesn't sound like a lot, but especially with small, dry cat food, this equals like a really big handful of food that will be served in one portion. It's about three times as much what our cat would normally get per serving. With some cardboard, we made the tray inside a bit smaller to reduce the portion size, but it's still quite a lot. Not that our cat minds it..
If you're cat is stops eating once it's full, a bigger portion won't be a problem at all. However, for cats that tend to overeat (and even puke because they ate too much too fast), I would consider choosing a pet feeder that's specifically designed for cats and offers smaller portion sizes. We did a bit of DIY to find a way around it.
- The record feature sounds really bad. It's nothing like when you'd record your voice or music with your phone for example. But it does its job in all fairness. We recorded a short music clip, and from the beginning our cat KNEW that meant food whenever it would play. However, once you've recorded something, you can't undo it. Like, you can't turn off this feature, even when you pull the plug to reset the settings. The recording will still be there. So we just dealt with it by recording complete silence for a second or two. Whenever the feeder plays the recording, we'll hear some white noice. Also, the recording will play with each mealtime, even if the portion size is set to 0. That's why we recorded the 'white noise', so it doesn't start playing music right through an at-home conference call :)
One final though: our cat played us big time the first few days we used this feeder. She always wakes us up for breakfast around 6.15am, so I thought this feeder would be perfect because we don't have to get out of bed to feed her. However, there is no app or anything to see whether the feeder actually fed the cat or not. So, our cat would get her food from the feeder, go to our room and pretended she never got the food. Sneaky...!!! I know some feeders do have this option, which might be better for some people. We used the recording so we'd hear that she would get her food. However, since the recording always plays with every meal time (and we only feed her through the feeder early in the morning), our solution was to pop some water in the feeder's tray right before going to bed. If the water is gone (which is always the case because the feeder always works), I knew she had her food through the feeder.
Overall, we're really happy with the feeder: it works, it's reliable, easy to use and looks great, all for a great price. There are just a few things to keep in mind or find a way around it.
Orders need to be received by
4:00pm AEST for same day
dispatch. 2 - 3 days Delivery
Australia Post/Star Track
Orders need to be received by
4:00pm AEST for same day dispatch.
1 - 3 days Delivery
Shop Pick up address Unit1/124 Briggs St, Welshpool, WA, 6106, Australia